Monday, January 31, 2011

Music Changes Everything!

     Inspiration is a big thing! I constantly stare at the world surrounding me much like some KGB spy to aid me find something proper to write about. Sadly though, all is to no avail since I just end up sitting in front of the computer looking like a simpleton. Anyways, inspiration can come from anywhere. When I am unable to think of something, I just remind myself that John Lennon composed ''Good Morning, Good Morning'' after hearing a corn flakes commercial. I do not listen to the radio however, and the only source of inspiration is my iPod.
     And that is where tastes clash in an epic florid bang. My dad being stuck in the 70's , listens to the kind of music which people with big hair and colorful clothing enjoy, and he is jolly happy about that. I on the other hand, am hooked up to Indie bands such as Stars and their song Dead Hearts, which can get my brain twitching like a twig. The problem is, that every time I produce that song in the presence of my father, he adopts the kind of face you'd expect to witness if you stabbed him. Maybe Owl City will save the day? I am sorry to report, but to him Owl City's songs make as much sense as Boris Johnson's 2008 Olympic handover speech. ''A swash of meaningless notes'' is how he describes Adam Young's music.
     At this point, I wish I could tell you that I just booger off, resort to using my headphones instead, laugh at my father for not finding the difference between Madonna and Gwen Stefani and simply smile. NO! That statement is in-fact wider off the mark than religious peace, and is therefore not true. I usually get extremely irritated by his constant complaints about my music, and I lose my nerve like a pig which is about to get slaughtered. There is much gnashing and bashing of teeth, and the end result is always the same; My music sucks! Of course, I can understand him completely, since I also find  modern synthesised crap people call music, to be absolutely and utterly rubbish. Sometimes I keep thinking that I can be a rockstar by simply purchasing a Macintosh computer, because I am sorry, but ''Ke$ha'' and ''Far East Movement'' would sound like first generation printers (Not that they don't) if it weren't for computers...I am just saying.
     What I like is modern music, but non-synthesised one. Josh Groban, Rammstein, Take That, Westlife, Will Young. All brilliant groups and individuals, but to my dad they are all the same manure.I still can't fathom why doesn't he enjoy Josh Groban, but then I am pretty sure that one day I will find the music that my children listen, to be rubbish as well. There still is time until then though, and I shall just resort to making fun of my dad because he thinks that Miley Cyrus sang in ''No Doubt''.

No comments:

Post a Comment